Sunday, May 22, 2022

Week 36- Almost There!

Oh boy, we are really on the homestretch now. In theory, this could be my last update before baby boy arrives! We are a mere 4 weeks out from the due date and I'm feeling great, though very, very pregnant. This week baby boy is the size of 2 plates of beignets. Apparently he has outgrown single french pastries and we have to start doubling up. If produce is more your style he could also be compared to a large papaya or bunch of kale. But I'm partial to the beignets. 

That's right, still rocking the non maternity shirt at 36 weeks! 

In the most recent measurement we have for him, which is from 34 weeks, he was weighing in around 5 1/2 lbs. Obviously we know that these measurements can definitely be off but if you're looking to make a guess about how big he may be when born it's a good start. At our most recent baby shower we had people make guesses so I'm curious who will be right! My current guess is that he'll be around 8lbs. Hubby was 7lb 6oz and I was 8lb 6oz so I'm thinking maybe baby boy will be right in the middle. 

Symptoms: I continue to be a very fortunate pregnant woman with minimal symptoms. I do continue my battle with acid reflux but I've got it decently well managed with a variety of remedies that I just have to mix up day to day. I do still try to watch what I'm eating to avoid flare ups but I have not kept sugar out of my diet altogether. It's too delicious. And like most pregnant women, as I creep closer to my due date, doing much of anything is an extra challenge so I do move a bit slower with a more penguin like waddle. And I seriously debate if I actually need something that has been dropped on the floor before attempting to pick it up. But I still have a pretty good amount of energy and minimal aches/pains at this point so I am pretty happy. 

Highlight of Weeks 33-36: We had our last baby shower this past weekend and it was so lovely. My mom, sister and one of my aunts hosted it and did such a wonderful job. It was Peter Rabbit themed, which was special since that was actually the theme of my nursery when I was a baby. 

They had so many cute touches for the decorations and food and put together a really sweet afternoon for me. 



It was great to see some friends that I hadn't seen in far too long as well as so many of my family members that were able to attend. Baby boy and I felt so loved! 



What I'm Looking Forward to in Weeks 37-40: Well this one was easy this month. I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting baby boy finally! While I know that it may not actually happen in that time frame, I feel good speaking that into the world. I feel confident, based on the size of my belly that he will be running out of room in these next couple weeks and will be ready to head out and meet us. 

And! We finally have a name for our little guy! We have been going back and forth for months about what to call our baby boy and have finally decided on one. People often asked me if we disagreed on names and really we didn't. We just had a small list of several we liked and neither of us could decide which of them we liked the best. But yesterday we finally nailed it down...we think. I can't fully guarantee it won't change- so I won't be announcing it just yet but it's so exciting to be able to call him by name finally. 

Final Month's Agenda: We have just a few things left on our to-do list before little man arrives. So in the next couple weeks we will be:

- finishing the final touches in the nursery 

- making a few freezer meals to have once baby is here 

- some house cleaning 

- spending some quality time just the two of us before we become three!

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. I saw pictures from your baby shower on your mother's blog. Nobody can throw a party better than your mom! She has a real gift for it.

    Your attitude reflected in your writing style is wonderful. I read aloud to my fella your statement about things that fall to the floor and whether you pick them up or not. You write well.

    I pray for a short and easy labor and delivery for you and baby son. What a wonderful time this is for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've so enjoyed your pregnancy updates and now, it's almost time and sounds as though you are ready. I pray everything will go "smooth as silk" and I look forward to hearing all about it. Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your updates! I miss you and hope all goes well! Hugs to all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to meet him. I saw your mom's post on the shower and it sounded wonderful. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie, I enjoyed your update and look forward to your little guy arriving and learning his name. My niece, Sara, just delivered their first son on Sunday. They didn't know the gender until he was delivered so we were all surprised. Even more surprised that his name is Ezra. Seems the old fashioned names are making a comeback. I've recently heard Hazel, Martha, Helen, and now Ezra. Everything old is new again!! Love & hugs and I pray for an easy delivery and a beautiful boy - soon!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love reading your updates and glad all is going well. The shower looked amazing and yes you are definitely loved. I'm glad you haven't shared baby's name yet - with our eldest son we had a name picked out that most people knew but when he arrived I changed my mind. Hubby had to phone my Mum twice as he forgot to tell her the new name in the first phone call! Hope the next update will be to report on the safe arrival of your baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping all goes well for the birth and all the preparations, too. Yes...carve that nice quiet time for just the two of you in these 'waiting' weeks ahead!!

    ReplyDelete