Friday, April 4, 2014

Five on Friday

I'm linking up with The Good Life today for Five on Friday. And y'all I am so ready for Friday so let's go!

1. SPRING FEVER!!! I say it in all caps because that is how I have been saying it in my head or to anyone that asks me how life in my classroom is going. Whew! My kids have it bad. They are so talkative and full of energy which is so out of character for my little angels. So I will be begging for accepting all prayers as we try to make it through this last week before spring break.

2. What is the cure for a run-down teacher? A girls day of course! My sweet friend, who teaches with me, and I are going out to lunch tomorrow followed by some retail therapy. And of course there will be lots and lots of talking. I am so looking forward to some quality girl time!

3. I got a new beach bag!

It's a 31 bag, which I have recently become mildly obsessed with. They have super cute patterns, it isn't outrageously expensive and the bags hold so much! I don't have any plans to go to the beach right at the moment but they are in the works. Plus it is officially pool season down here so I can't wait to fill this with some good pool side books and of course a ridiculous amount of sunscreen :)



4. I pack my lunch for school most days and tried something new this week that was delicious- nothing fancy but very yummy! All you need is a tortilla, cucumber, turkey and laughing cow cheese. I spread the laughing cow cheese on the tortilla in place of mayo or something then put on the cucumber and turkey on and voila! It is actually really flavorful and delicious. Bonus: It's healthy! Sometimes it gets really old packing my lunch each day so I get pretty excited when I come up with something new.

5. Can we just talk about Chick-Fil-A milkshakes for a second? I got one on my way home to ease the stress of a long Friday and was reminded about how delicious they are. I highly recommend one for you as soon as you can get to a Chick-Fil- A :)


2 comments:

  1. The bag is adorable! I bought my first 31 bag last week (a diaper bag) and gifted it to my niece.

    That lunch sounds delicious. After a while, lunch packing gets boring; I'll try your idea! Thanks.

    It's a good thing we have no Chick-Fil-As here, as I'm told their addictive.

    Finally, as a middle school teacher, I TOTALLY hear you on the cabin/spring fever. We came back from our break last week, and we're already amped up again! Two more months....

    P.S. It's nice to "meet" you. Your sister sent me this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea for lunch! I'm going to have to try that,

    ReplyDelete