2. What task-sport-chore-hobby-activity have you participated in or completed, that if judged, would land you a perfect 10?
Being on time. I am perpetually early and pride myself on not being late. I truly hate being late, even if the thing I'm late to is casual and no one cares. I care. I've always operated under the motto that "early is on time and on time is late". So I think if there was a competition for arriving early/promptly I'd definitely be awarded a 10/10.
3. What are ten of your favorite things right now?
1. Cooler evenings to spend on the porch.
2. My students' excitement for the end of our chapter book.
3. New sneakers.
4. Upcoming weekend plans.
5. My nephews...they get to be on any and all favorite lists I make.
6. My new team at school, they're the best!
7. Lunch dates with my hubby.
8. Group texts with our favorite couple friends.
9. Pumpkins...they're out people and I am here for it!
10. The Bible Recap...my daily bible reading podcast.
4. Nine times out of ten I _________________________.
Snooze my alarm. I mean honestly it's probably more like 9.75 times out of 10. I've been trying to do better and have gotten myself down to just one snooze (as opposed to like 3) but it's definitely still a frequent occurrence!
5. Where were you when the world stopped turning, twenty years ago this week?
I was in my 6th grade English class with Mrs. Smalley. I had just turned 11 the day before. I can remember that day so clearly and the days after as well. And even at 11 I felt the shock, the pain, the fear of our country and then the pride and unity. And still when I reflect on that day, I can feel the shock and the pain as clear as ever but the sense of pride and patriotism always overcomes it.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
It's my birthday this weekend so I'm celebrating all week...which if you know my family you just know it's how we roll. But "treating myself" sure looks a little different a few days from 31 than it did when I was a few days from 13. Now it looks more like, splurging on Starbucks before work and eating ice cream from the tub on the couch, and going to bed early to watch Netflix in bed. Don't worry there are also some more exciting birthday plans for the weekend but for now, on a Tuesday evening as I write this, I'm pretty happy with the way birthday week is going so far!