Monday, November 8, 2021

Moving South


Well we have moved! Or should I say we are on the move? While we have officially vacated our old home, we can't quite get into the new one yet. So it's been a lot of driving, bopping around to both sides of the family while we made our way south. Which meant we stayed in 5 different spots in 5 different days. It was so wonderful to see family and people we love but it is so nice to know that for the next 6 nights I don't have to load and unload a suitcase from the car. 


We said goodbye to our first home together and while I thought I would feel pretty sad leaving, the bitter cold temperatures we were driving away from made it a little easier. I do feel a sense of sadness that we've closed this chapter since it was our first one together. But the excitement of what's ahead and the whirlwind pace at which we spent the last few days in our house getting things ready meant that by the time we were preparing to get in the car and drive off, we felt ready. 

We're now temporary residents of a hotel near our new house and there are definitely some things about hotel living that I could get used to. For example, no laundry, no dishes, no house chores. However, the other side of that coin is...living out of a suitcase, a lot of eating out, feeling a little stir crazy while my husband is at work and everything else that needs to be done is sort of at a standstill until we're official residents. So what is the first stop to make in a new town? Barnes and Noble of course! 



I found myself accidentally at the mall while on my quest for the nearest Barnes and Noble. An excellent place to kill time, while also finding some new reads to keep me occupied when I eventually make my way back to the hotel. The town we're in has pretty much everything but I am definitely still in the phase of feeling lost every time I get in the car. I wasn't able to come down when my husband went house hunting so yesterday was my first time seeing the new streets, highways, shopping centers etc. And while I  do not consider myself directionally challenged, I am very ready to feel more confident in knowing where I am and where everything else around me is also. 

One thing you will not catch me complaining about here is the weather though...high of 70 today! As I mentioned above it was freezing when we left our PA home. And I don't say freezing in an exaggerating sort of way. It was literally below 32 degrees. Our neighbor let us know there were snow flurries shortly after we left. SNOW! So the sunshine and warm temps were a lovely welcome to our new state. 

Now to decide which book I should start first...


4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the southland y'all! So excited for all that lies ahead. Happy new home xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you get settled in soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea there were still Barnes & Noble stores open. Ours, here in Lakeland, closed years ago. We do have Books-a-Million. It took a while to learn our way around Lakeland but my cake business made it a necessary task. I knew where every church and every wedding venue was before I knew where the Dillards and Belks were! LOL I love that you are back in the south and so close to family again! Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the last move our daughter and family made they had to live in a hotel for a couple of weeks. Thankfully they only had one child at the time but they wee more than ready to get into their home. I know once you get in and settled that everything will fall into place and you two can begin enjoying your new location. Much happiness in the days ahead!

    ReplyDelete