All things baby. I'm loving being pregnant- even the not so great parts remind of the miracle I get to be a part of. So I spend a lot of times wrapped up in all the baby things- working on a baby registry, reading pregnancy and birth books, practicing some pregnancy mediation, prenatal yoga, brainstorming names- all the things.
3. Something currently driving you 'nuts'?
So if you read my recap of our babymoon to Barbados, you know that we got stuck there an extra day and in order to leave ended up rerouting ourselves to Newark before heading back home. Well with all the changes and cancellations and extra expenses there were no less than a thousand forms for me to fill out to make claims on our travel insurance and with the airlines. And it's been a week and everything is pending and it's all just nuts.
4. Something you recently bought for 'peanuts'?
Do we buy anything for "peanuts" these days? Because it sure doesn't feel like it! I guess maybe the yoga/birth ball I bought on amazon the other day- it was on sale so it felt like a win.
5. Share a favorite quote uttered by any U.S. President ( if you're not an American, a quote made by the leader of your own country).
"One person can make a difference, and everyone should try." - John F. Kennedy
6. Insert your own random thought here.
A few random thoughts for the day...
1. I've just read the book "Resistance Women" and while it can feel like a bit of downer it was a really interesting and inspiring read. It's historical fiction but the main characters are real people and the author does a wonderful job of brining you into that time period- the rise of Hitler in Germany. If you're a historical fiction fan- one of my favorite genres- I recommend it for sure!
2. I visited the chiropractor for the first time in my life yesterday. I was super nervous because I just didn't know what kind of popping and cracking to expect but these pregnancy aches and pains, combined with my already misaligned self (scoliosis, weak shoulder joints) won out and I took my OB up on a referral and it was great! I think it will be really helpful as I move through these later parts of pregnancy.
3. And speaking of pregnancy- tomorrow we go for our next OB appointment. These days are always my favorite! I don't think anything super exciting is to be expected at this appointment, just a quick checkup. But that always comes with a glimpse of our little guy and a listen to the heartbeat so it's sure to be the highlight of my week :)