Monday, February 28, 2022

Week 24

I'm only 2 days late with this so that feels like a win! I turned 24 weeks this past Saturday and according to my pastry calculations baby boy is now the size of a demi baguette- excellent! If you're more into the fruits and vegetables comparison then he is about the size of an eggplant. Or my husband's personal favorite...I found that my registry tool offers a size comparison and it shared he is the size of a Mr. Potato Head. No matter which way you look at it though, he's definitely growing! 

At our most recent doctor's appointment which was closer to 23 weeks he was measuring in at around the 56% for growth so right nicely in the middle of things and right on track it seems. It's always so good to get to see him moving and grooving on the ultrasound and hear that little heartbeat. My next appointment, I get to look forward to doing my glucose test (she says sarcastically).  But overall I'm feeling good and baby boy is growing like he should so I really can't complain. 

Symptoms: This past month my symptoms have been pretty consistent with what I shared at 20 weeks but just more. So more aches and pains particularly in my hips/back/sciatic. However, I have started seeing a chiropractor- truthfully something I was a bit skeptical about but honestly it has already made such a difference! So I think I'm officially a believer in chiropractic care, especially if it helps me get some more sleep at night. My other main symptom is acid reflux. For any of you who suffer from this when you are not pregnant I cannot tell you how much sympathy I have for you at this moment. It is just the worst. I am considering buying stock in Tums and probably Pepcid as well. I'm hoping adding the pepcid in will help and I'm trying to pay attention to what I eat to cut back on things that aggravate it but as I told my husband, the other day it seemed to be caused by me drinking water sooo we'll see how it goes! 

Truly overall, pregnancy has been wonderful to me and even though there are definitely some less than pleasant parts to it, I really love being pregnant! 

Cravings: I still have a very serious fruit craving and still really love clementines. So you can imagine my disappointment at the news that apparently citrus fruit aggravates reflux. So I will be attempting to cut back on the clementines and satisfy my fruit cravings with less acidic fruit. But honestly I could eat fruit all day. No other super strong cravings or aversions really, still waiting for the desire to put pickles on my ice cream. I've also been really wanting baked goods lately...maybe satisfying my pregnancy sweet tooth, maybe just wanting to wear fun aprons, who knows? But I've made some date energy balls, birthday cupcakes for hubby and  banana muffins all in the last few weeks. 


Also I just have to mention that this apron belonged to my grandma- she sent it to me recently and I love it! I have several hand me down aprons from her and they're some of my favorites. 

Favorite Moment of Weeks 21-24: I'd have to say our babymoon. It was what I was looking forward to most in my last post and it definitely lived up to my expectations. I wrote a post about it here if you want the details but it was just so sweet to have some time away before we welcome baby and the busy hustle and bustle that I know will begin well before he arrives. 

What I'm Looking Forward to in Weeks 25-28: The first thing that comes to mind is we have our first baby shower scheduled during that time. Some kind and thoughtful friends are hosting a couples shower for us coming up and I'm so excited. It means seeing a lot of people I don't get to see very frequently and I'm very excited to celebrate my boy! The other thing I'm looking forward to is starting to get the nursery in order! We received our crib this week and my in-laws will be in town next week and my husband and father in law are going to set it up. I can't wait to start to see things come together.






2 comments:

  1. I am just so very happy and excited for you!! You look fabulous!! I will look forward to seeing photos and hearing about the shower coming up!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! Getting so excited to meet the little mister. Also, you're adorable!

    ReplyDelete