Monday, April 18, 2022

Weekending

I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend! Hubby actually had Friday off so we lucked out with a long weekend! I mean, every weekend is kind of a long weekend for me right now but it's extra special when hubby gets to be home three free days. Our weekend was mostly spent with errands for the house, finishing up the dresser for the nursery and relaxing watching some of our favorite shows. But we also made time for yummy brunch at a new spot near our house and a Friday date night out at one of Chattanooga's most popular spots- The Boathouse. 

The Boathouse sits right on the river and it's always fun to try a new restaurant. We knew it would be good when we got there and there was a huge crowd already at 5:30. They don't take reservations so we went early thinking that would help us skip the wait. But even that early we still waited for a table but it was a gorgeous day to sit out on the porch while we waited. 

Sunday morning we went to church and enjoyed a delicious Easter lunch of ham, deviled eggs, green beans and pineapple stuffing. If you are not familiar with pineapple stuffing I highly recommend it. My family has always had it at Easter and sometimes it appears on other occasions where ham is involved but it always reminds me of Easter. It's basically dessert but we serve it as a side dish and it's always a hit. Pinterest is full of recipes for it that you can check out. 

My mom had also sent me an Easter shirt that I could rock with the baby bump and after a very filling lunch I was happy to have a comfy tshirt to change into our of my church clothes. My parents call me bunny so this shirt was extra fitting. That belly just keeps on growing stay tuned for my monthly bumpdate coming next week! 

             

Now to tackle the week's to-do list before some of our favorite friends come to see us this weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I am sure it was nice having three days together, especially over Easter! Love the shirt!! Have you eaten at Aretha Frankenstein's in Chattanooga? GREAT pancakes. The best pancakes I've ever eaten. I order the pancake mix now and then to have them here at home. It's been a few years (or more) since I was there, but I checked the web and here is the link: http://www.arethas.com/ I have met three blogging friends who live in Chattanooga so have stopped there a few times as we travel north to Ohio.

    ReplyDelete