Tuesday, April 26, 2022

32 Weeks

I'm a bit late with this one...I'm actually 32 weeks and an extra 3 days but better late than never! We are officially in the single digits for weeks left. What?! That's crazy to me and it just feels more and more like he'll be with us before we know it. 

If you're wondering why it looks like he's blowing bubbles, that is actually his umbilical cord. But gosh do I love this little profile!! 

This week baby boy is the size of  a cantaloupe, which based on my belly feels about right. At our most recents doctor's appointments he has been doing great! Everything looks on track and he's pretty much in the middle-ish percentile wise. We'll check on his growth again next week but he continues to be a healthy boy and we're thrilled. 

Symptoms: I'm not sure what else I can say about acid reflux. It is the absolute worst and every time I think I have it under control, it flares back up. But we trek on, try all the approved OTC options, pop a Tums when needed and watch what I eat. One of the biggest culprits seems to be sugar and I can't tell you how upsetting that is because I love all the sweets. After cutting it out altogether for about a week to test this theory, which turned out sadly to be true, I've really been keeping it limited to give myself some relief. Besides the reflux my main other symptom is tossing and turning all night long. I just don't seem to be able to stay asleep for the long haul at this point. I'm so fortunate to be home during the day right now and be able to nap as needed. 

Bonus Story for the Month: What is the deal with the oversized style of clothes these days? I bought the shirt I'm wearing in this picture from the regular aisles. I repeat it is NOT maternity. AND it is in my regular, pre-pregnancy size. And somehow it fits a 32 week pregnant belly with room to grow! I can't imagine how it would fit someone who wasn't pregnant. 

Favorite Moment of Weeks 29-32: We have a dresser in the nursery now AND a rocker so things are really coming together. I've finally been able to organize some of the piles of baby things we have and there is nothing sweeter than sitting in that chair imagining rocking a little baby boy. We also had some of the best friends in town just this past weekend which while not directly baby related was definitely a highlight of the last few weeks! We took not a single picture of the 4 of us but I swear they were here. 

What I'm Looking Forward to in Week 33-36: We have one more shower, being hosted by my mom, sister and aunt and I'm so looking forward to it! I'll get to see some friends from my South Carolina days plus some family that I haven't seen in a while so it will be a special time I know. My sister is kindly stopping at my house on her way to our parents so she can drive me there (and back) which is just lovely of her. 

2 comments:

  1. You look great, Maggie! I am so happy and excited for you!! Another shower and this one includes some quality car-time with your sister. Nice. I can't wait to read about it and see some photos! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great and I can't believe how close the big day is! Can't wait to see pics of the family shower. Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete