Thursday, May 20, 2021

Catching You Up

Whew! Where did the last week go? I feel like things have been going a million miles a minute...although I don't feel like I have all that much to say to show for it HAH! So even though I missed the hodgepodge questions this week from my mom's blog...I present to you a hodgepodge of my life right now. 

Over the weekend, hubby and I enjoyed some delightful weather and a delicious lunch out! We had the yummiest fried chicken sandwiches complete with a hot honey drizzle. I have determined that I need to be better at taking pictures of my life so I have better images to go with my blogging words. But for today I will leave you with this picture of our yummy lunch...with a few bites taken out of it because I remembered to snap a pic only after I dove in! 

It is finally warm here! So what did I do on Monday? Made soup hah! Because why not? I love soup and can eat it year round even though it feels more "fall/winter". This particular soup was a new recipe and it is 100% one I will be trying again! I've linked the recipe I used and I followed it almost exactly. It's full of italian sausage, creamy tomato sauce, tortellini and kale (which I swapped for a kale/spinach combo). It was a big hit for both me and my hubby. And it made the perfect amount! Each of us had 2 bowls for dinner and then we had just enough for leftover bowls for lunch the next day. So do yourself a favor and pretend its 30 degrees out and curl up with a bowl of this deliciousness! 

Gemma...sweet Gemma. Last week I mentioned that she was having some trouble with her foot. We did go to the vet and had a corn removed and had a little sore on her foot treated. Well a week later and we were back at the vet today...some more yucky boo boos had developed and I noticed them last night. Why do things with pets always seem to happen after vet hours? But nevertheless we managed to squeeze in for an afternoon appointment. Only to be told that these new booboos were actually a result of her foot being bandaged from the previous injuries. Maddening! So I feel like a horribly neglectful puppy parent that I allowed them to develop but she's gotten treats and snuggles and I think she's forgiven me. 


And I will leave you with a story from yesterday. I am a teacher, for those that didn't know. And in these warm weather days some of us enjoy eating our lunch outside to soak up that sunshine. So yesterday as we're enjoying our lunch, we heard a yell. And we all kind of looked at each other because you just knew this was not a "playing with my friends/being silly" scream. This was a a hurt/scared scream. So we stand up and look over in that direction, not really seeing much and then all of a sudden I spot it...

"That kid is stuck in that tree!" And lo and behold we heard the scream again. And this time I was sure..it was coming from this boy who had climbed up a tree one leg on each side of a y shaped branch only to decide he in fact did NOT want to be up there, and was very scared. So I ran. Yep I RAN. And let me tell you I do not run. Should you see me running, know something important is going on. But myself and another teacher got moving because it seemed like he might fall any minute and was going to need a grown up pronto. Luckily, he decided as we came skidding to the base of the tree that he could attempt to jump down and he made it to the ground with no injuries and only a few more tears. 

One thing is for sure...there is never a dull moment. 

3 comments:

  1. Kids!! So happy no one got hurt!! Gemma looks so sad in that picture! I hope her boo-boos are healing and she will be feeling better soon! Your soup looks delicious and I am going over to the recipe NOW!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your original Hodgepodge! I have been so busy this week I haven't blogged except for the HP. Hope our girl is feeling better. End of year...hang on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy there are no injuries to report from the kid in the tree incident! You soup looks yummy. Hope Gemma's boo boos heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete