2. May 11th is National Eat What You Want Day. What will you be having by way of celebration?
Well we'll be having the Home Chef meal I ordered this week.... but if I WAS having an "eat what I want" meal it would definitely involve french fries- super crispy on the outside but fluffy on the inside fries. There would also probably be a super cheesy dish, perhaps a cream-based pasta and there would be some yummy dessert too, preferably cheesecake! And I would end that meal oh so satisfied but certainly with a stomachache as well.
3. Describe your idea of a perfect spring day.
SUNSHINE! That's really all I'm looking for these days. If you read my blog yesterday you'd know that it was a high of 42 and rainy this past weekend here... But once I've got some sunshine I also want to be able to sit out on our porch with my husband and have a drink while we listen to some music and just relax while getting some vitamin D.
4. Success, fulfillment, growth, achievement...pick one and tell us how it relates to your life in some way, either currently or in days gone by.
I'm going to go with growth. And specifically for today spiritual growth. I decided that this year would be the year I would read through the bible. I've attempted it several times- reading it cover to cover in a year and always get lost somewhere along the way. I get behind and give up and lets be real it usually around Leviticus. BUT this year, I've been reading through it with the help of "The Bible Recap" which provides a reading plan along with a short podcast that "recaps" each days reading. And I cannot tell you how much it has helped with my spiritual growth. I learn something new about the Lord every day. Even on the days when I think...what could this passage really show me? There is always something. And there is definitely something to be said about reading the bible every single day. With purpose. And yes, I've definitely missed a couple days and had to read double other days but I'm committed and the growth I'm feeling in my own heart fills me with joy.
5. I saw this going around on various social media sites and thought it would be fun to answer here. The last thing you bought on Amazon is your weapon in battle. How will you wield it? (if you're not an Amazon shopper, then the last thing you bought online anywhere)
I had to go back and look because we order so many things its hard to keep track. But the last thing I ordered was a book- titled "Growing Boldly". And I suppose if I needed to use it in battle I would whack people over the head with it! (It's a decent sized hardback) .
6. Insert your own random thought here.
A shower update...we're having our master shower tiled for a more updated work and the tile part finally started today! So exciting to see it start to take some shape. I already love it!