Linking up with the Hodgepodge over at my mom's blog this week- head on over to join in!
1. January 25th is National Opposites Day. 'They' say opposites attract...do you agree, and if so is that a good thing? Or do you subscribe more to a 'birds of a feather' philosophy?
I think it's true that in some aspects opposites attract or at the very least they compliment each other. But I also think- total opposites are going to have more short lived attraction. I think opposites that attract are opposite in a few things- one is outgoing the other more shy, one spontaneous the other more of a planner but I think in the foundations of life they are birds of a feather which keeps them together- pardon this silly rhyming.
2. Something you're glad to have behind you? Something you're glad is ahead of you?
Something I'm glad is behind me...middle school. A time of life that while I actually really loved it, would never want to go back to. Something that I'm glad is ahead of me...motherhood, adventures I don't even know about with my husband and future family.
3. Your favorite hot food? Cold food? Are you a fan of breakfast for dinner?
My favorite hot foot is probably something with cheese- grilled cheese, mac and cheese, cheesy potatoes, cheesy pizza etc.
My favorite cold food is most likely ice cream or if I'm trying to be healthier I suppose maybe some kind of fruit?
4. Are you someone who always arrives to appointments/events early or do you tend to run late? Last thing you were late for?
I am always early, not just to appointments but anywhere I need to go I want to be there early and being there let definitely causes me to get antsy. The last thing I was late for was a baby doctor appointment last month and you can ask my husband, I was pitching a mini fit as we sat in some traffic trying to get there as promptly as possible. But lesson learned- we were there 15 minutes early for our next one :)
5. "What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness?" John Steinbeck....Your thoughts?
I definitely think I appreciate summer weather more because of winter, in the same way I think you appreciate anything more if you can't have it all the time. I think I will fully appreciate a cup of caffeinated coffee in June after 9 months without and I will savor any sunshine I see this week after a week of dreary gray skies last week. But I inevitably know at some point during the summer I will wish for colder weather in one kind of never ending cycle of growing tired of the weather.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
My momma is here for a few days! We are staying busy shopping and snacking and walking and talking and overall just enjoying the company. Hubby and I found out the gender of our little peanut at our last appointment this past Thursday and shared with our immediate family that evening. Stay tuned later this week for my official announcement here! Any guesses?