Monday, March 14, 2022

A Child's Reminder

Today I was out walking and came across some sidewalk chalk art outside of one of my neighbor's house. I didn't pay much attention to what the drawing was as I walked up to it, other than to reminisce on my own days of drawing with chalk with my sister and the neighbors out in our cul-de-sac. 

But as I walked by the content caught my attention. And it turned in to the most beautiful reminder that Easter is coming. 

I think the current state of the world makes me appreciate this year's lenten season even a little bit more. Eagerly anticipating the good news of Easter morning both this year and as an eternal promise. We can so often feel heavy and burdened with things that are ours to  carry as well as weary over carrying things we were never meant to take on. But the joy of Easter is a reminder that we are not alone, we are not forgotten. 

There is one who will take all of the world's burdens and make us new.

Kids are often the best at reminding me of some of the most foundational of truths. 

This month I'm linking up daily with Two Writing Teachers as part of their Slice of Life Writing Challenge. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. I love sidewalk drawings! Yes, this year is tough but these little reminders brighten our days. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does my heart good to see that drawing by a child. Bless her parents for instilling the hope of Easter in her heart. Beautiful post, Maggie! xo

    ReplyDelete