Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday Seven

So today's really the first day I've had a bit of writer's block for the challenge. And often when I get writer's block I find a list is a helpful way to get a few words down. So this is going to be my Sunday Seven. (I like alliteration almost as much as lists)

1. We enjoyed a delicious brunch at a spot we hadn't tried. Well we've been there for dinner a bunch but hadn't ever tested their brunch menu and we were not disappointed! 
2.  Another lovely day in the weather department here. I supposed talking about the weather seems boring but I can't help it when it is simply gorgeous! 
3. Because of said lovely weather, hubby and I (and Bo) spent a couple hours out on our patio soaking up the sun, listening to music and just talking. It is probably one of my favorite things. 
4. Our dog Bo is undergoing some training, hoping to get him is tip top shape before baby boy arrives and so being outside with a lot of distractions was a good time to practice staying calm and coming when called. He's been doing much better than either of us anticipated!
5. I had no acid reflux last night! If you've read any of my pregnancy updates, you'll know this has been pretty much my only negative pregnancy symptom.  So a night where it doesn't wake me up is magic! 
6. My parents are stopping by for the evening tonight :) They're headed home from my sister's and I'm about halfway so they have been able to stop on both ends for a visit with me as well which is great. I love being so much closer to them now that we're down in TN.
7. I finished my slice for the day! That always feels like an accomplishment. Happy Sunday everyone!

 
This month I'm linking up daily with Two Writing Teachers as part of their Slice of Life Writing Challenge. Thanks for visiting! 

7 comments:

  1. Even in list form you create such a vivid impression of your day! Sounds lovely. Very productive writer's block, I'd say - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of "Sunday Seven" and will have to file this away for the future! What a wonderful way to defeat writer's block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Sunday Seven idea! Plus it's a great idea for writer's block. I love Tennessee - my sister lives in Merfreesboro and we love visiting there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lists are always a good way to get "the juices flowing" and your list was most enjoyable. So glad you live "on the way" to your sisters. I know Mom and Dad do too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your list, Maggie, and am so happy for you and your sister and your parents that visits can happen more often!! Happy to read that your acid reflux gave you a break!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep a list often works when your mind goes blank. That sounds like a good Sunday, especially getting the visit from your parents. I know they're glad to be able to do this more easily now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fan of lists too, and I like this one, especially #6. Feels like such a treat, and I'm so happy you are where you are!

    ReplyDelete