Monday, March 7, 2022

At This Hour

I snagged this writing structure from a blog I read yesterday because I really enjoyed the simplicity of it that led to almost a poetic form. Thank you to Leigh Anne Eck for the inspiration- you can find her at "A Day in the Life".

At this hour...

I am planning out the weeks menu in my head and on my phone, a Monday routine.

The clouds are rolling in as a storm heads our way. 

The laundry machine is rumbling forming a rhythmic hum above me. 

Bo is curled up beside me, keeping guard or keeping me company- maybe both.

Baby gives a little kick reminding me to soak up the quiet while I eagerly await the newborn chaos. 


 
This month I'm linking up daily with Two Writing Teachers as part of their Slice of Life Writing Challenge. Thanks for visiting! 

6 comments:

  1. It is a lovely format. Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your day - a 'slice', if you will. I smile as you recognize that newborn baby chaos is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good prompt for a post. I also like the idea of habit stacking mentioned on Leigh Ann's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last line is a slice of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, I can sense your contentment and joy as you stop to intentionally take in your surroundings. Blessings on your upcoming season of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote an "At this hour" piece this morning too and also really liked how it lends itself to a more poetic slice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!! Have a good week, Maggie! xo

    ReplyDelete