Wednesday, March 17, 2021

A little bit of March and A Whole Lot of Magic

If you're visiting from Two Writing Teachers and are looking for my "slice", it is the answer to #6 today. 

 From this Side of the Pond


Linked up with my mom to hit 2 birds today- the hodgepodge and a slice of life. Thanks for stopping by for both! Check out her blog to join! 

1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear green? Eat corned beef and cabbage? Drink green beer? Have you ever been to Ireland? Is it on your travel 'bucket list'? 

    I definitely wore green, I mean, I didn't t want to get pinched! I am not making corned beef but cabbage is on the menu. And definitely no green beer for me. I haven't been to Ireland despite having lived pretty close by for several years. I would still love to go at some point- do we think the health and safety guidelines allow for "kissing the Blarney stone?". I'm thinking no. 

2. Something you think is 'worth its weight in gold'? 

    Family. And time spent with them. And this goes for close friends who feel like family too. Nothing fills my soul and rejuvenates me more than time with people I love most. It is definitely worth all of the gold. 

3. Something that makes you 'green around the gills'? 

    Things that involve a lot of motion- deep sea boating, much too windy mountain roads, the usual. Oh and things that involve 3D or virtual reality. I discovered this on a trip to Disney World a few years ago. So many of the attractions and rides now have a VR component and I left pretty much all of those feeling pretty "green around the gills". 

4. What puts a 'spring in your step' these days? 

    Spring weather! It’s been hit or miss around here but every time we get a glimpse there is definitely more spring in my step! Some other things that always put a spring in my step would be video chatting with my sister and her two boys, weekends with my husband and the knowledge that I'm seeing my parents in just 15 sleeps!

5. Write a limerick using one of the following as your theme....March, St. Patrick's Day, Covid, 2020 and/or 2021, the color green, or life lately. Yes, you can do it. 

There once was a teacher in a pandemic year.

Her students talked and talked but through their mask, she just couldn't hear. 

Huh? What?

Repeat it. Once more. 

OH! Now I hear you, ok class let's move on to number four. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


Got a sneak peek of the almost ready photos today from my photographer. Once I have them all (which will be so so soon!), they will of course be a slice all on their own. But for today I have this. And it's magic. The light is soft and warm just as I remember it. I know that I'm cold, because I remember that too but all I see in this picture is warmth. Just married glowing. I also know a good handful of people are watching this moment through the glass doors but neither of us care. We're relishing this moment of forever and ever, the rest of our lives, till death do us part, I'm yours and your mine. And that's magic.  



This month I am linking up with "Two Writing Teachers" for a slice of life, daily writing challenge.



13 comments:

  1. Family and Friends ~ I am with you regarding answering number two.
    Your limerick is sweet and true. ;-)
    LOVE the photo and random thought too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting outside on the glass porch working because it is warm enough puts a spring in my step! LOVE your photo and caption - yes magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful magical picture. You will treasure that and all the pictures forever! What a great slice of life - a forever person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo on those wedding photos being almost ready to share! Great limerick! I see you and your mom have some similar motion sickness issues. I love all the deep weight in gold answers people are sharing!
    Happy St. Patrick's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your #2 and you must be your mother's daughter from your #3! Beautiful, beautiful photo and I can't wait to see more!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your blog- I hope you keep writing! I am also a teacher and yes it is so difficult to hear the students sometimes! To have them speak louder I get louder hopefully the whole school isn't hearing me lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3D and virtual reality stuff get to me, too! My husband loves some show on the Smithsonian channel and each show is about a state and the filming is done either by drone or airplane and I have the hardest time watching! I have to close my eyes often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo. I can't wait to see more. No green beer, corned beef or cabbage for me but I have been to Ireland and wore the sweater I bought there today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing your wedding photos soon, it was obviously a perfect day for you. I also enjoy your blogs you share with your mum and the questions....fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being with family is the best! Congratulations on your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you know I am all about that photo. Swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to seeing more wedding photos!
    Yes, family is best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photo! I love wedding pictures... doesn't matter who the couple is, they are just always happy photos. I chuckled that you wore green... I mean you're a teacher and we deck out big time for all holidays!

    ReplyDelete