Thursday, March 25, 2021

Wedding: Part 2

I am one of those women who had dreamed of her wedding day from the time I was a little girl. I've always loved looking at wedding magazines, watching say yes to the dress and imagining my special day. And in those daydreams, finally getting to wear a wedding dress was always a big excitement. And in real-life? It did not disappoint. I want to wear it everyday. 

Photo credit: Chris Isham Photography

I loved the silhouette, the way it made me feel, the bit of bling on the belt and my simple ribbon edged veil. And the thing I loved the most? The back. 

Photo credit: Chris Isham Photography

The bow is actually detachable which was fun, and I love all the pictures where you can see the low  back of the dress. And while I'm here...can we just talk about how fun my earrings are?! Gotta have some sparkle obviously. 

Now y'all know I love my mom. I wrote a whole post about it a couple of days ago and let me just tell you that having her with me every step of the way through planning was the most special. And that includes having her with me in all the morning madness of getting ready. She zipped me up and hooked my bow (a much harder task than it sounds).

Photo credit: Chris Isham Photography

Photo credit: Chris Isham Photography

She made sure my veil was in place, my hair clip steady.

Photo credit: Chris Isham Photography

And had me feeling like cinderella helping me into my shoes. Although truly I don't think I could have gotten them on myself. 

Photo credit: Chris Isham Photography

Also...doesn't she look beautiful? 

I don't want to leave my husband out of all the fun! I don't think he spent his boyhood dreaming of the tux he'd wear on his wedding day, or getting his bow tie tied or cuff links hooked. But he sure looks handsome doesn't he? 

Photo credit: Chris Isham Photography

While I may not have always imagined what my groom would wear on our wedding day, or how his cufflinks would look. I did imagine what kind of man he would be. 

Patient, kind, thoughtful. 

Photo credit: Chris Isham Photography

Full of joy, makes me laugh, hardworking, the most loving and kind heart.

Photo credit: Chris Isham Photography

My husband is all of those things and more. The dapper tux was merely icing on the wedding cake. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! It looks like it was a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your mom IS beautiful, your hubby so very handsome, and you in your perfect dress... splendid!! Thanks for sharing! Anxious to see more!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely for you both, amazing dress and all the accessories and great to meet your mum and husband in the preparations. stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a good one. And so did he : ) Best day ever xo

    ReplyDelete