Sunday, March 14, 2021

Spring Dreams

"This one's got a bigger fire bowl"

"Hm, but this one's less expensive" 

"Ooh! Or this one would double as a coffee table"

My husband and I went back and forth today trying to find a fire pit for our backyard. We've been wanting one since last spring but could never find one we liked or that we felt was worth the cost. But today, standing in the aisle at Lowes, we were bound and determined to leave with one.

We did finally find one we love and felt good about. It's sitting on our patio ready to go and I can't wait! I imagine hubby and I sitting around the fire pit together talking over our days and weeks. The dogs curled up or running around at our feet. I imagine our families visiting us and all of us gathered around soaking in the moments that go too fast with the people we see too little. I imagine dinners and happy hours and maybe a roasted marshmallow or two as the sun dips below the clouds making the fire a welcomed warmth in cool air. 


Happy Sunday! Cheers to the carefree spring evenings ahead!


This month I am linking up with "Two Writing Teachers" for a slice of life, daily writing challenge. 


7 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful! I have a chiminia, but we haven't used it that much. You have inspired me to clean it up and get it ready for spring evnenings. I wish you many many happy hours making memories around your new fire pit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by, it's always so nice to meet another blogger. We bought a firepit table and chairs last spring and while we haven't used the firepit all that much, we love the table and chairs. The chairs are glider rockers and so, so comfortable. AGain, so nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for fire pit season! Thank yo for a wonderful post reminding me of happy days outside again. Enjoy your new addition and thank you for a great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a whole new concept to me, living in a country where you really don't need a fire pit even in the depths of winter. It sounds so cosy and relational from your description. I'm sure you'll enjoy many times around it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! Although I might be willing to trade the coziness for a climate that doesn't require it :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. I hope you get a lot of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete