Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Wedding: Part 1

I've been trying to decide the best way for me to capture all of the things I want to share and remember about our day. And I've broken it up into a few different chunks. And today, is details day! This is a picture heavy post but I couldn't narrow it down any more! So many things go into planning a wedding and I love all the little details that we got to include in our day, I don't want to forget any! Our planners were so helpful because I definitely don't have a "design eye" but they helped me think of all the things that I wouldn't have myself. If I were giving advice to brides wondering if a wedding planner is worth the cost? Yes. Absolutely. 100%. You want one. You need one. Do it.

\

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

My mom and sister are both people who love all the paper goods when it comes to weddings. I have never been as excited about that part but boy do I love the way all of our stationary came out! My favorite part is definitely the envelopes and the place cards, with that beautiful writing and colored ink. Perhaps I should learn calligraphy so I can do that myself sometime? 

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

I may not have always been excited about paper goods, but you know what did excite me? These shoes! I was so excited about my something blue shoes and while I definitely did not wear them all night (spoiler alert, most of the pictures you see of me after the ceremony I'm definitely barefoot), they were totally worth it! 

One fun part of seeing the reception space for the first time, that I mentioned in yesterday's post was seeing all the different individual spaces set up. Like this show stopper entrance table? 

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

And our fun cake table! The linens we chose for these tables were perhaps my favorite.

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

Or the soft seating we added for guests whose feet got too tired of dancing? 

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

Our planners helped us to make our dinner seating chart on glass which added such a fun modern element that I didn't know I wanted but couldn't have imagined not having! 

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

The table settings were to die for with fun chargers at the head table, and beautiful linens across the board. Several of the tables had this gorgeous velvet, yes I said velvet, linen which I am obsessed with! Best thing about getting married in the winter? Velvet is an acceptable fabric. 

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

And is it even details day if I don't mention the flowers?!? There are pictures of flowers in all the wedding posts that are coming your way but today I'm highlighting the most beautiful bouquet. 

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

I don't think there is such a thing as an ugly bouquet but this one was beyond phenomenal. Surprising fact of the day...wedding bouquets are surprisingly heavy. I gave our florist pretty little direction other than I knew I did not want anything to flowing, I wanted something more compact, and I wanted a ribbon and somewhere in there I wanted anemones (the flower with the dark center). And she worked her magic and gave me this. Bella Blooms, you're a flower queen! 

At the end of the evening our guests left with a delightfully sweet favor of honey. Honey that was made from my father-in-law's beehives. It was special for us to be able to incorporate that into our day! And can we talk about how awesome my wedding planner is for bringing honeycomb to the photographer's studio for this picture?
Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

I've saved my favorite detail for last. My dress. I loved my dress from the moment I put it on in the store. I remembered being worried when it came time to actually wear it that maybe I wouldn't love it as much anymore but it was still everything I imagined and exactly what I wanted for this day. Seeing it hanging on my "new name" hanger makes me want to wear it everyday. Can we normalize wearing wedding dresses more than just once?

Photo Credit: Chris Isham Photography 

I'm not sure I could encapsulate all of the details of that day into 1 or even 5 posts. But what I can say is that each of those details was an added piece of confetti into a perfect day. 


This month I am linking up with "Two Writing Teachers" for a slice of life, daily writing challenge.


7 comments:

  1. This slice is pure love! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exquisite, love all the details and all the colours and beautiful settings. As you said your planners did an amazing job. No wonder you treasure that day and now you have the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like this was such a special day for you! The photos were really fun to see, and it was fun to read about your enthusiasm for all of the details. I love the metaphor in your ending: "each of those details was an added piece of confetti into a perfect day."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing all of the 'details', Maggie! Your photographer is amazing and I love all the groupings - have never seen it done like that before. Awesome!! Looking forward to next!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing details. You chose well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so enjoying reliving it all through the pictures. Would not change one single detail or small touch that helped make it the best day ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love getting to live the day through your blog posts! Think you should probably just go ahead and write 20 posts about the wedding. I won’t mind!

    ReplyDelete