Friday, March 5, 2021

Today I’m Thankful

Today I’m thankful 

for “comfy, cozy” day at work. Yoga pants and a sweater can make any Friday better.

Today I'm thankful

for story time. Smiling faces, hanging on to each word, eagerly waiting for the next. 

Today I’m thankful

for a small stack of new books to read. Pages full of mystery, wisdom and joy.

Today I’m thankful

for a warm home. A fireplace that cuts the chill of the swirling outside wind. 

Today I’m thankful 

for the world's two sweetest dogs. One nestled in my lap and the other at my feet. 

Today I'm thankful

for weekends. Days made to rest and recharge the heart, mind, body and soul of a teacher.  

Today, I'm thankful.


This month I am linking up with "Two Writing Teachers" for a slice of life, daily writing challenge. 




7 comments:

  1. So many wonderful things to be thankful for - and such a great thing to slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the structure of this poem... but most importantly your gratitude for the good stuff in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have nailed the cosy comfortable feeling of so many good things to be thankful for as we approach the weekend. We can truly feel your mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropping in via your Mum's blog. Good to see you blogging again. Hope you keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I hope to keep it going even after my month long challenge is over.

      Delete
  5. Always good to count our blessings, but perhaps never more so than 2021. Also 2020 and 2019 : )

    ReplyDelete