Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Slicing with the Hodgepodge

Today I'm linking up with my mom's blog 'From This Side of the Pond' for the weekly Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you're looking for today's "Slice of Life" you can find it at the bottom with question 6. 

1. March 9th is National Get Over It Day...what's something you need to 'just get over already'? 

    It is probably time that I get over the fact that Netflix has pulled some of my favorite sitcoms off of their site. Apparently, letting my husband know every night that all of my bedtime TV shows have been removed, has done absolutely nothing to sway Netflix into returning them to my TV. So I should probably just move along and find something new.

2. Something you're currently 'over the moon' about? 

    I'm a newlywed and am still 'over the moon' about all things related to our wedding, my husband and the start of our life. We should be getting our professional photos back any day now but in the meantime, I'm still pretty over the moon about this one



3. What's something you're 'chewing over' these days? (meaning-thinking over carefully)

    I feel as thought I pretty much chew over everything. I am a very big thinker or some people would perhaps call it being an "over-thinker". However, I prefer to think of it as being thoughtful and prepared for anything. Lately, a few things on my "chewing it over" list would be: what school will look like next year for both kids and teachers, what my job may be next year- my current position will most likely not be an option, and how my husband and I can dig in more to our community and build new community in the current pandemic climate.

4. The last thing you cooked or ate that was overdone? 

    Hm, nothing jumps out in a super glaring way for this one. A couple of weeks ago, hubby and I both ordered burgers medium and they were definitely well done. Still thoroughly enjoyable though! 

5. In celebration of hitting volume 411 in the weekly Hodgepodge, give us the 411 on something happening in your life in the next 30 days. 

    This is an exciting one because in the next 30 days my parents will be coming to visit us! We will be (safely) spending a much needed weekend together. I was fortunate enough to live within driving (or walking) distance of my parents for the last 5 years so it's tough being far apart. I'm so looking forward to having them here to experience our life for a few days. We'll laugh and play games, my mom and I will drink iced coffee on the porch (come on spring weather!), and they'll get in the Gemma snuggles they've been missing.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

    For those that have been stopping by my blog recently, you've probably noticed my "Slice of Life" posts. This is a 31 day writing challenge organized by "Two Writing Teachers" blog. Typically my slice would get it's own post but today's slice was short and sweet and I thought it would fit nicely here. 

SPRING WEATHER!! Y'all. This southern girl's heart has just swelled with joy at the bright shining sun, the cool but pleasant breeze and the warm temps we've had today. I could have started singing when I was able to take off my jacket at recess today and be in just short sleeves. Now don't get me wrong, I have lived in some cold places. I was born living in the NJ area and spent my growing up years in Maryland where we saw some decent blizzards and low temps. I also spent 6 years living in England, and they may not get a lot of snow but boy does that rainy cold, chill you right to the bone. But living in the south for the last almost 12 years made me very accustomed to plenty of sunshine and more temperatures above freezing. I'm sure I'll readjust and get used to the cold again but for now, I'll be sitting at my table with  the back door open, soaking in every second of this gorgeous day! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am visiting from the Hodgepodge. I am a fan of your mom. :-) I enjoy how she writes. And I can see that you have the same gift.

    Congratulations ~ I love the photo of you and your husband. I am looking forward to seeing more of the photos of your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to tell you that days like today are here to stay but I don't want to get your hopes up. I love your format today and the wedding picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers, Maggie. I am excited that your folks are visiting soon and look forward to reading about it! Can't wait to see more of the wedding photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun hodgepodge! So glad that your family is visiting soon -- and that wedding picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being newly wed and loving everything about it, just wonderful, also that your parents are coming to visit soon and try not to overthink too much (but I do it too!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that weather makes hangs around for our visit : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear your parents are road tripping to see you soon! I love the anticipation of these kinds of visits. It would be great if those photos arrive before they get there! I think we are all ready for Spring this year! Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete