Saturday, March 20, 2021

No bacon? No problem!

Weekend breakfast time is one of my favorites because while I am typically the one that handles dinners and lunches during the week, my husband almost always cooks breakfast for us on the weekends. I love the relaxed start to the day and a delicious home-cooked breakfast that I didn't make. But today when we were checking out the contents of the fridge, we discovered we were a little short on breakfast items. So today was extra special because we went out for breakfast! 

We drove downtown which was delightfully empty. We live in a college town so I'm thinking it doesn't get busy downtown till after 10 when the college kids are up and moving. We tried a spot that we love for lunch but hadn't experienced their breakfast year. And because we're early birds we were the first ones there and didn't have to wait at all for a table. We treated ourselves to mimosas and a giant breakfast with some great people watching from the windows by our booth. 

Then with full bellies we were ready to tackle our day which mostly includes errands, house projects, laundry and hopefully a relaxing evening by our new firepit! 

Happy Saturday friends!

This month I am linking up with "Two Writing Teachers" for a slice of life, daily writing challenge.


7 comments:

  1. Your breakfast sounds like a perfect start to a spring weekend! Enjoy the fire pit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title and how you lucked out with no lines for breakfast! May you have a productive day with your "full bellies".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to a relaxed Saturday breakfast too! I hope the rest of your day is relaxing , too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a lovely way to start the day. I'm wondering which college town this is? Sounds like a nice place to visit, and an even nicer place to live. Thanks for sharing this Slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends took me out for breakfast this morning and it was delicious! I love, love, love having a big breakfast out! Yum! Hope your got all of your errands and chores done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was the weekend breakfast cook until we retired. Now he's the everyday breakfast cook! There is a college about ten miles from us and I agree that things don't rock and roll there on the weekends until late morning or early afternoon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed sharing your breakfast with you, on your morning out. Hope it led on to a very productive day!

    ReplyDelete