Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Wedding: Part 4

Picking up where I left off yesterday...

Following our beautiful ceremony, there were a few more pictures for the bride and groom while cocktail hour began. There were oysters rockefeller, mini cheddar biscuits with duck confit and homemade orange marmalade and the yummiest bourbon molasses glazed meatballs which were the groom's favorite. After our tasting he could hardly stop telling people about them. And you can imagine his disappointment when I informed him, we'd likely be taking pictures while these were served. But never fear, our sweet planners made sure we were taken care of and had a plate full of goodies delivered to us along with one of our signature cocktails!  So we could keep doing this...


The sun was really doing its thing. And while you can't tell in this picture, so was the wind! Whew! I sure was glad to have that mink. Which just so happened to belong my husband's grandmother. 

After pictures wrapped up and we said a few quick hellos, we made our big entrance and headed straight to the dance floor for our first dance. 


We danced to Jake Owen's "Anywhere With You" and it was one of my favorite parts of the day (how many of those am I allowed to have?) 


We both love to dance and honestly think I have more photos of the two of us dancing throughout our relationship than regular photos.  And I think our love for dancing and each other is pretty clear in these pictures. 



After our first dance, my dad said a few words of welcome and made everyone laugh as usual. He also put some tears in a few people's eyes I'm sure when he read a poem written by his dad, my grandpa. Grandpa wrote this poem for my parents on their wedding day over 35 years ago. It was also read at my sister's wedding. And while unfortunately  my grandpa is no longer with us, it was a special piece of him to have with us on the day. Then it was time for our father/daughter and mother/son dances. 


My dad and I danced to a medley of "Golden Slumbers" by the Beatles and "The Man Who Loves You the Most" by Zac Brown. My dad used to sing golden slumbers to me as a baby and while it isn't a traditional wedding dance song, I loved that it got ours started. 


And my husband and his mom danced to "Days Like This" by Van Morrison. After the first dances and some kind words followed by a sweet prayer, we enjoyed a delicious dinner! We opted for a sit-down dinner partly because that was the only choice due to covid, but also because I liked the idea of having a few minutes to sit and eat with some of my people. Our catering was through Table 301 who works with our amazing venue (Avenue, for those local!) and they did a phenomenal job. We chose short ribs and sea bass which were delightful on a chilly January evening.


Then it was time for a champagne toast made by my sweet husband and of course cake cutting!



Our cake cutting was followed by the best hours of dancing! As I said earlier, my husband and I are huge dancers so I don't think we missed a song. 




Also...are my parents cute or what? 

Our band was amazing! I had been set on having a band not a dj and these guys did not disappoint. Music City Rhythm Revue is based out of Nashville but drove over for the event and seriously crushed it! They played so many great songs and you could've fooled me, it wasn't the original band performing each one. Everyone was out on the dance floor all evening and it was exactly what I wanted. 


Before we knew it, it was time for the evening to end and our favorite people sent us off into the night with streamers and cheers and the happiest of feelings. 


And they lived happily ever after. 



All photos in the post are credited to Chris Isham Photography


This month I am linking up with "Two Writing Teachers" for a slice of life, daily writing challenge.


5 comments:

  1. I’m so proud to be your Dad. XOXOX HSK😉See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous finale photos, love the ones of you all dancing. You obviously had an amazing evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These just give me "all the feels." I'm so, so happy for you and have so enjoyed seeing all the pictures from your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... perfection. Thanks for sharing your special day with us, Maggie! I have enjoyed your wedding posts so much! And yes, your folks are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing day to start your happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete