Double Blog Post Alert!! I'll be linking up with my mom's blog today for the Wednesday Hodgepodge...but don't miss my "Slice of Life" post about hobbies.
If you'd like to join in with the hodgepodge this week- head on over to "From This Side of the Pond", it's not too late to join the fun.
1. Is March coming in like a lion where you live? Aslan, Simba, Elsa, The Cowardly Lion...your favorite 'famous' lion?
Well since I live in the northeastern U.S. and haven't seen my front yard since Thanksgiving, I'm inclined to say it's come in like a lion. However, despite the fact that there is still some pesky white stuff in our yard, these first 3 days of March have been surprisingly lamb like. There has been sunshine and some "warmer" temperatures. I'm starting to see grass in some areas and not feel the need for 10 layers heading outside. So we'll see! I suspect the lion will be back before we get a true spring but I'll take every second of lamb I can get.
I will say my favorite lion of this bunch might be Elsa- which for those unfamiliar is from the movie "Born Free". I have to choose that one because when I think of Elsa and that movie I think of watching it countless times with my sister as kids. I picture us renting it from blockbuster (what?!) over and over and belting out the theme song in our basement. And that is too sweet a memory to pass up.
2. In what way do you 'march to the beat of your own drum'?
I had a hard time thinking of an answer to this one. I don't think there is necessarily one thing about me that says "she beats to her own drum". I consider myself pretty traditional which I love. So I guess I beat to my own drum but just being exactly me, and not trying to be any certain way for anyone else.
3. What item that you don't have already, would you most like to own? Any chance of that happening soon?
A sectional couch for the living room. Unfortunately, it probably won't be happening too soon just because the size of our living room and the size of a sectional are at odds with one another. But someday!
4. March is National Flour Month...are you a baker? Cookies-cakes-or pies...your favorite sweet treat to bake? What's the last non-sweet thing you made that called for flour?
If you know me, you know I definitely consider myself a baker. I love to bake and in another life I'd like to be a pastry chef when I grow up. My favorite sweet treat to bake is probably cupcakes, although I would say cookies are what I bake most frequently. And the baking that makes me the happiest is something brand new that I haven't baked before. The last non-sweet thing I made that called for flour would be a braised pinot noir chicken that had some flour in the sauce as a thickener.
5. There are 31 days in the month of March...where were you and what were you doing when you were 31? If you haven't hit that milestone yet, then tell us where you were and what you were doing 31 months ago? (if math is not your thing, that would be August 3, 2018)
Well I'm not there quite yet...about 6 months away. But 31 months ago, I would have been soaking up the last few days of my summer break before heading back to school. Most likely at my parents house enjoying the sunshine, playing cards with my mom and enjoying iced coffee on the screened porch.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We got a new dining room rug last week and I love it!